Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ryan Air Part II


Flew Ryan Air for the second time this past Saturday, from Rome to Madrid. Three of us sat in the very back row, myself on the aisle, and I was lucky enough to evesdrop on most of the conversation between the flight attendants. (Actually, evesdrop probably isn't such a great description, since they were yelling across the back aisle to each other to be heard over the sound of the engines). So, if any of you have ever wondered what goes through the head of Ryan Air stewardesses (bearing in mind that the airline prides itself on its efficient professionalism), it's my pleasure to offer you a quick synopsis of the major conversation topics:
1) The woes of English soccer; one described her frustration as such: "Kick the ball in the fucking net if it's wide fucking open. I mean come on!"

2) The high quality of the sex (or, as the British call them, "bedroom") scenes in True Blood. One told the other, "you've got to check it out, it's seriously unbelievable. It's my favorite thing about television these days."
3) The value of having a...(What's the right term for a family-friendly blog like this?)...male friend with physical benefits and no attachments. One snapshot of their dialogue on the matter:

Attendant 1: "I see him every couple of weeks. He was starting to talk serious and I was like, 'Alex, No!'"
Attendant 2: "Good for you. You need that. I'm not too, too loose so it's good to have that option."
Somewhere, I thought, poor Alex was waking up alone, wondering why he couldn't get this girl to like him. 30,000 feet above the Mediterranean, I had the answer in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment